Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life in Pensacola!

Today is Day 2 of ??? of life in Pensacola. Matt and I arrived in Pensacola Monday evening to await our little precious miracles arrival. After our perinatal appointment last week we had decided not to come down until this coming up weekend but Megan called to say she lost her mucus plug on Saturday morning and we decided we couldn't safely and sanely put it off any longer. We absolutely do not want to miss this important day! We realized if we were at home and the call came; the 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive down would be sheer torture trying to get to Pensacola as soon as possible.

When we packed up the Odyssey on Monday afternoon it was just all too surreal. Packing clothes to last up to 2 weeks; and then putting the car seats in, and loading up their diaper bags! It was VERY exciting! Just knowing the next time we come back home; we'll be bringing our baby girls - Alaina & Matisyn HOME!

Because I work for the best company in the south (The Southern Company); I am being allowed to continue to work from a corporate office we have in Penscaola. With the pleasure of when the call comes we are only minutes instead of hours from the hospital!! Poor Matt has to find something to pass the time with though.

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with Megan's OB. We are anxious to attend that appointment and see what she has to say. Although she has told us she will not move up the c-section date we are hoping she will check for dilation and tell us labor is near!

Matt joked last night that we are taking Megan jogging on Saturday!! This Saturday marks 35 weeks; the one mark we've been praying to reach so we can deliver at the Naval Hospital. We've heard time and time again that 35 week twins are healthy twins and rarely need an NICU from that point on.

I had them some infant shirts made with their names on them and Baby A & Baby B t-shirts. I hope to post soon pictures of our girls in them. :) I also got a Pink Ribbon ordered today for our hospital door and to hang in their room. I'm very excited about seeing it on Friday when I pick it up. The florist asked if this was for grandchildren, or a family member and I explained the brief version of our story and she was so excited for us. She even said I will enjoy making this bow that much more now.

Megan's ringtone on my phone is "Bring The Rain" by Mercy Me. I'm just waiting anxiously each day for that call singing 'Bring Me Joy, Bring Me Peace, Bring The Chance To Be Free, Bring Me Anything That Brings You Glory' - because we give Him all the Glory for these little miracles!