We made it to 34 weeks! One more week - just one more week we need to make it through so we can deliver at the Naval Hospital. I would much rather deliver at the Naval Hospital rather that Sacred Heart because the staff at NAS Pensacola is absolutely incredible. I've never dealt with more caring people in my life. They care, they are so involved and genuinely excited about the birth of our girls and experiencing this with all of us.
We had an exciting week. Matt and I drove to Pensacola on Thursday for our last growth scan with Dr. Dobak, the perinatologist. The girls are doing GREAT - still growing like little weeds. Alaina weighed in at 5 lbs 7 oz and Matisyn at 4 lbs 7 oz. According to Babycenter they are growing at 1/2 a pound a week - so I believe we are going to have 2 healthy twin girls! On the ultrasounds we could even see their diaphrams moving up and down; as they are now practicing breathing. It was amazing!! We did get some new ultrasound pictures which I will try to post later.
After this appointment we had to be at the Naval Hospital to meet with our social worker and she had two of the L&D nurses down to talk to us about our stay and what to be prepared for when we come. It was very exciting and they were so incredibly sweet! I really hope they are on staff when we come! We were able to get our Health Care POA's signed and on record - so this was the first big step out of the way; as far as the legal documents go.
This morning I got a call from Megan; she is preparing to pack up for the hospital but she told me she lost her mucus plug this morning!! YAY!!
We have decided to delay our trip to Pensacola by one week! Our new plans (unless things change this week!) we will be going down on the 26th to stay until the girls arrival!! We do not want to miss the most special day of our lives - since we were married almost 10 years ago!