Monday, August 25, 2008

Our First Belly Pics!

















Megan sent us our first belly pics. One is at 12 weeks and one at 13 weeks. We made it to the 2nd trimester!! I used to think that meant we were completely out of the woods but I read posts on SMO and AAS of surrogates going to 15 week OB appointments and there being no heartbeats. I try not to let that discourage me or bring me down though. I think our babies have been watched very closely from the first BFP+++.

She has 3 appointments within the next 2 weeks! I can't wait to know how they are doing. We unfortunately are not going to be able to make it down for these, but we are going to try to make it to the appointment on Sept. 9th because that is an ultrasound only appointment!! It's supposed to be with the radiology department with more advanced equipment than what you normally see in an OB office. We will be 15 weeks and a few days at that appointment so we should see lots, but unfortunately the sexes will not be known at that appointment.

Megan is doing well! She is completely off all the hormone replacement drugs now! Apparently it was tougher for her to come off of them than we expected. I figured she'd come off of them and with the babies producing the hormones now everything would just even out, but she had some sickness and became very moody coming off of them. Her appetite has increased largely, she says if she keeps eating this much the babies are going to be HUGE! LOL! But that's okay, that just means healthy babies! :)

And finally I am officially a Minivan Mom! We went minivan shopping this weekend and ended up with an '08 Honda Odyssey!! I Love It!! Now, I'm ready to load it up with the precious cargo of 2 little babies!! They have reserved seating!! :)