We are counting down and oh so anxious for the ultrasound!! I did some googling today looking for HCG and ultrasound information. I found out if Megan's beta is over 10,000 (which it should be considering her last one was 3396 - I'm predicting a beta of 28,000 this Thursday!!) then a heartbeat should be visible on the ultrasound. If the nurse begins the ultrasound and I see one (or two) fluttering heartbeats I think I will cry.
We are praying this will be our first and the beginning of many happy ultrasounds to come. The only ultrasounds we have seen in the last nine years have been confirming miscarriages and confirmation of an ectopic pregnancy. Devastating ultrasounds to say the least.
I have been reading a book "Surrogacy Was The Way: 21 Intended Mothers Tell Their Stories" it has been an awesome book to read what some other IP's have been through on their journeys and how well and some not so well journeys they had with their surrogates.
I feel like we already have such a wonderful bond with Megan and I can't imagine our journey being anything but wonderful!!