I've been in Illinois for almost a week. Megan lost her mucus plug last Tuesday (March 25) which resulted in instant panic that Jacob might be coming soon. Alaina & Matisyn came 5 days after she lost it last time so there was the potential. So I drove to Illinois by myself on the 26th. Today is Day 6 and still no Jacob. I think we have a very stubborn little boy on the way.
We had the weekly OB appointment on Monday, March 31st which revealed she is almost 75% effaced and a fingertip dialated. So he could techically come any day. I am not a patient person, I'm so ready to hug and kiss my little boy!! Every time my phone vibrates I jump thinking its a phone call from Megan.
But I owe a BIG SHOUT OUT to Mike & Debbie, Megan's in-laws. They are the most gracious hosts ever!! They welcomed a complete stranger into their home, shown me the sights and sounds of the town and country farm fields, new restaurants (including delicious margaritas!!) and have made the wait so much more enjoyable than it would have been if I were stuck in a cramped hotel room by myself.
15 More Days.... (if he decides to make his mommy wait until Aprl 16)